Have you just published your first Udemy course and not sure what to do next? It seems like many focus on course creation and forget they still have to market their creation. We often forget as instructors that Udemy is just a platform on which our work resides. It’s not up to Udemy to work their magic and sell our courses from the moment we hit “Submit for review”. The job of marketing is up to us and there are a myriad of ways for us to accomplish this to sell more courses. Plus when we do it ourselves we get to keep a big piece of the revenue and that makes our PayPal accounts happy.
Here’s 5 Top Places I think every Udemy instructor should start marketing their new courses. Feel free to leave a comment below if you know of some other great places.
1. WordPress Website – I have this one listed first because of the firm believe it is important for every Udemy instructor to have their own website. WordPress is affordable, SEO friendly, easy to setup and maintain. It couse about $10-$15 a year to have your own domain name and under $8 a month for WordPress hosting.
2. Free Udemy Courses – The top unofficial Udemy group on Facebook for posting your free course coupons. This group just recently topped over 6,000 members and will likely be higher by the time you read this. Make sure your read the group rules which are pretty simple.
3. Udemy Studio – The Udemy Studio makes this list of top places because it is the Official Udemy Facebook Group and boast over 27,000 members. That’s larger that a lot of towns in my home state of Idaho. The way you can post your course coupons have changed and I’m not really a big fan of the new method. I actually posted free coupons for my latest course on other “Free Coupon” unofficial Udemy Facebook Groups and had pretty good success.
4. BestBlackHatForum.com – This site has a lot of traffic and is great for posting both free and discounted course coupons. Make sure you search the site to make sure your course isn’t already posted in their Udemy forums. This is because members of this forum hang out in the Udemy Studio and share free coupons on BBHF. Remember to read the rules for posting to this forum so you aren’t banned.
5. OnlineCourseCoupons.com – List your course for free to display it on this fast growing popular website. This site also offers the option for premium homepage listings for even more exposure including posting your course on their Facebook page and Twitter.
Are you looking for more ways to promote your Udemy course? I’ve put together a comprehensive list of Facebook Groups, websites and more to promote your course. I have also released a course that shows you 50+ places to market your Udemy Course and explains how to post course coupons to each of those Facebook Groups, discount websites and more. Enroll for just $5 for a limited time and see with other Udemy instructors are saying about this course.
Need even more help? Check out The Course Factory for a 5-Point Checklist.